Players PSG to rewrite French World XI history
Thursday 22 November
Paris Saint-Germain are this year’s favourite to capture the Ligue 1 title in France. The players of last year’s runner-up joined their colleagues worldwide in the vote for the FIFA FIFPro World XI 2012.
Expectations are high for Paris Saint-Germain (or PSG). Carlo Ancelotti is the manager of a squad with highly talented players like Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Javier Pastore, Thiago Silva, Jérémy Ménez, Diego Lugano, Blaise Matuidi, Guillaume Hoarau and Mathieu Bodmer.
Many of these players were present when representatives of the French professional footballers association (UNFP) recently visited the PSG training ground to invite the players to participate in the vote for the 2012 FIFA FIFPro World XI.
Although some French players (Zinedine Zidane, Thierry Henry, Lilian Thuram, Patrice Evra and Claude Makélélé) have been named in the World XI, as well as some other players who have starred in France (Didier Drogba before he moved to Chelsea, Ronaldinho before starring at Barcelona, Maicon, Zidane, Henry, Makélélé, Thuram, Evra), never has a player from the Ligue 1 been included in this elite team.
Maybe the current players of Paris Saint-Germain will rewrite World XI history…
For the latest updates about the vote for the 2012 FIFA FIFPro World XI,
We especially recommend you to regularly visit FIFPro Facebook, as we will be publishing various competitions with unique prizes.
- 17-05-2013 Video: the opening of the new FIFPro House »
- 15-05-2013 Barcelona players honour FIFPro with surprise visit »
- 13-05-2013 Didier Drogba opens new FIFPro House »
- 10-05-2013 FIFPro on extra referees and goal-line technology »
- 08-05-2013 FIFPro and players to open new FIFPro House »
- 08-05-2013 FIFPro: The reform process in Indonesia is too slow »
- 08-05-2013 Indonesia: Footballers victims of mismanagement »
- 08-05-2013 Michael Higdon PFA Scotland Player of the Year »